Why isn’t there a universal type adhesive?We need to know the theory of adhesive, that is, “there is no universal type adhesive, but only suitable adhesive”.
Why can’t adhesives be universal?
Classification of adhesives by component basis can be presented as inorganic adhesives (concrete, plaster, ceramic) and organic adhesives (natural copolymer, and synthetic copolymer)
Hot melt adhesive is a type of thermoplastic adhesives among synthetic polymers. Epoxy resin is a type of thermosetting adhesives among synthetic polymers. Silicone is classified as synthetic rubber adhesives.
Different adhesives have different components and formulas. Therefore, we need to understand all the conditions and requirements of adhesion before we choose adhesives in order to achieve the best bonding effects.
How to select adhesives?We have solutions and advise for adhesive selections on different substrates.
1. Regular papers, papers laminated with PE, OPP films, or UV varnished papers can go with hot melt adhesive, HMPSA or hot melt glue sticks. For instance, color box forming.
2. Household repair or sealing jobs in which glues bond papers, woods, concretes, go with hot melt glue sticks or super glues.
3. Difficult substrates like PE or PP materials can go with APAO based HMA or HMPSA. For instance, the box re-opening problem caused by sunlight exposure that happens to PP corrugated box assembly for agricultural products can be solved by APAO based adhesives.
4. Regular PVC edge banding can go with EVA based HMA.
5. Metal material bonding can go with two- part acrylic glues or EPOXY resins. Structure adhesion can be achieved with the applications of speaker magnet, galvanized iron, elevator steel sheet bonding.
6. If the strength requirement of general plastic material bonding is not high, then HMA is the way to go. If the strength requirement is high, then please go with two-part acrylic glues.
7. UV adhesives and EXPOXY resins can meet the requirements of production of optical lens assembly.
Adhesive strength or temperature resistance demandsTex Year offers total solutions by introducing diversified adhesives product lines to different customers in different industries who have different requirement levels of strength, temperature resistance, or different demands of production conditions.
We recommend the products based on demands of strength and temperature resistance.
1. High temperature resistance: We recommend synthetic rubbers, two-part acrylic glues, or EXPOXY resins. Those adhesives are 100℃ tolerable。
2. UL grade glues, demand of UL94V0 inflammability certification: Our glue sticks certified by UL940V, have strong bonding on PCB and copper wire materials. We renew our certificate every year.
3. Our two-part acrylic adhesives can meet the requirement of high/low environment temperature resistance from our customers.
4. We offer inorganic adhesives to customers who have extremely high temperature resistance requirement, such as, 400℃ or above.
Tex Year, a professional adhesive manufacturer, solves your problems of bond.
Proper storage for adhesivesStorage instructions of adhesives are stated in manuals.
Please pay attention to production lot number when it comes to bulk consumption of adhesives. “First in first out” is the rule of thumb to deal with inventories.
Solvent based adhesives need to be placed in ventilated placed with a fire extinguisher.
Matters needing attention during operations of solvent based adhesiveSolvent based adhesives contain volatile solvents. Therefore, need to be cautious about fire and static electricity avoidance when it comes to bulk consumption on glues.
Long hours operating solvent based adhesives makes you inhale excessive amount of solvents, which is detrimental to your body. Therefore, ventilation and wearing mask are necessary.
Please wear gloves or hand cream if solvent based adhesives get chances to touch your skins.
Proper use of solvent based adhesives can assure your safety during operations.
What are the adhesion related conditions?We need to know the following conditions.
2.Glue application method
3. Operational conditions ( pressing time, pressure, temperature, cleanliness level of substrate surfaces)
4. Environment of finished products.
We can select the best suitable adhesives in order to complete adhesion missions based on those adhesion related conditions.
If you still don’t know how to make decision on choosing adhesives, Tex Year can offer you professional service with more than4 decade experiences of sales of production & sales, and with our strong R&D team. You are more than welcomed to give inquiry regarding adhesives products. You will definitely receive professional advice from us.